Vision & Values
Our vision and aims are to provide an all-round and forward-thinking education which cherishes a child’s individuality whilst nurturing their happiness, confidence and passion; preparing children to be positive contributors in life. We actively encourage pupils to strive in all areas of their learning and to uphold our School motto, ‘Altiora Petimus’ (‘to seek higher things’).
We promote six core values in all that we do:
To achieve this, the School aims to:
- Give all pupils, whatever their ability, the opportunity to flourish academically.
- Teach our children to be independent learners with enquiring minds; to create a joyful learning environment where pupils can engage fully in all aspects of discussion and take pride in their work.
- Provide a breadth of opportunity including innovative sports provision, outstanding creative, music and performing arts opportunities and a full programme of fun and challenging activities.
- Have a high emphasis on pastoral care, social skills and developing good manners. The School’s codes of conduct permeate daily life and children develop the skills to become positive members of society.
- Create an environment where boys and girls discover their passion and leave filled with a zest for learning.
- Build a supportive, cohesive and open-minded environment of pupils, parents, staff, alumni and community.
- Prepare pupils to move on to the senior school of their choice.