A brief history
St. Andrew's School was founded in 1934 with just two staff and eight boys! R.W. Robertson Glasgow and W. Ward Clarke were joint headmasters when the School opened its doors for the first time on 11th May 1934. From small acorns do mighty oaks grow and St. Andrew's has steadily grown to its present size of just under 300 boys and girls. The original Victorian Gothic building was Buckhold, an 1885 house designed by Alfred Waterhouse, which still forms the core of the School today. Over the years it has been converted and significantly extended. Additions over the years include a modern Pre-Prep, Nursery, Music Centre, Sports Hall, Art & Design and teaching block including science laboratories.
Alumni include The Duchess of Cambridge, David Cornwell (aka John Le Carré), Howard Hodgkin, Adam Hart Davis, Sir Chris Llewellyn Smith, Sir Michael Llewellyn Smith, Andrew Alexander, Duff Hart Davis, JK Brunner, Emily Bevan and Adrian Liddell Hart.